Troubleshooting and Root Cause Analysis
Charmaine is extremely passionate about establishing causes of problems. If you do not establish the causes then most likely the millions you are spending to fix the problem is being thrown down the shoot. Wasted! Frustrated?
If you have been struggling to implement your business objective for the last two years and you are nowhere near completion, then stop it. There is no desire. It cannot be aligned to strategy. No one is serious about focusing on achievement. The benefit creation is not properly justified. These are symptoms and establishing the causes are the key to strategy implementation and benefit realisation.
I use the right tools, techniques and processes to obtain the true causes so that you can concentrate on improving your ROI. In fact I follow the Business Analysis Practice Guide® developed and published by the Project Management Institute (PMI). I utilise all the aspects of this guide to ensure that the root cause is clearly known in order to assist the organisation with the right solution.
This analysis covers the following:
- Performing a needs assessment
- Identifying the problem or opportunity
- Identifying stakeholders
- Investigating the problem or opportunity
- Gathering data to evaluate the situation
- Creating the situation statement
- Assessing the current state of the organisation
- Conducting root cause analysis on the situation
- Determining capabilities to address the situation
- Identifying capabilities to obtain gaps
- Recommending action with alternative options